We are sorry we cannot welcome individual visitors from September to June. Groups of at least 10 people can make an appointment (email@example.com).
The Museum presents a completely new scenography on the ground floor where the original portraits of the last three abbots of Saint-Hubert are displayed, as well as the lives in Saint-Hubert and in Paris of the three Redouté brothers. Upstairs, you will rediscover Pierre-Joseph Redouté, his roses and the rosomania.
... towards a broader presentation of the 18th and 19th centuries in Saint-Hubert, in a more contemporary scenography. The first changes will be visible upon reopening. Come and rediscover us!
The Pierre-Joseph Redouté Museum (1759-1840), a nonprofit organization founded in Saint-Hubert on June 7, 1984, aims to promote the knowledge and fame of the painter-botanist, born in Saint-Hubert on July 10, 1759, of his family and of artists of his time who have enriched the cultural heritage of the city of Saint-Hubert, the Ardennes and Luxembourg, as well as to preserve their works, their spirit and their memories.
In 1987, the city put at its disposal a building located in the rue Redouté, facing the site of the birthplace of the artist that was destroyed during a bombing at the end of the Second World War.
That building now houses the Pierre-Joseph Redouté Museum, which displays original works of the "Raphael of flowers", personal belongings of the artist, as well as some engravings by his younger brother, Henri-Joseph.
The museum also hosts temporary exhibitions.